Any disease of the skin not only disturbs us physically but also affects us mentally. Skin problems can include anything from rashes, acne, skin infections to eczema, warts or even severe psoriasis. Dermatologists are experts who not only provide care to healthy skin but also treat much skin, hair and nail conditions. One can find the best treatment for acne scars in India at a dermatologist’s clinic.
Functions of Dermatologists
Dermatologists according to WebMD also perform several other diagnostic procedures related to skin and scalp. Dermatologists perform several treatments which include the following:
- Externally applied and internal medicines.
- Various dermatological surgeries
- Ultraviolet light therapy
- Certain cosmetic procedures such as sclerotherapy, chemical peels and microdermabrasion.
Dermatologists are doctors who help people get rid of persistent skin problems and enhance beauty through electro surgery, cryosurgery, excision surgery, laser surgery and skin grafting. Many skin problems such as red rashes erupted after the Covid19 outbreak which was caused by the deadly virus. The common people had no idea about these symptoms of Covid 19. They were scared and confused to see such severe rashes on their skin. It was the duty of the dermatologists to guide them out of these conditions.
Dermatologists are also working wonders in hair loss treatment. It is estimated that around 80 million people suffer from hereditary hair loss which is quite difficult to treat. Hair loss can result from many reasons including lice. Dermatologists can treat hair loss through transplantation and several other methods. Dermatological treatments also include the removal of unwanted hair through laser therapy.
The 7 Things People Need To Know About Dermatological Treatments
- Dermatological treatment can provide the best body acne treatment. A dermatologist will decide on the line of treatment based on the severity of acne. They may suggest topical treatments or medication if the condition is not severe. For best benefits, the doctor will perform laser therapy, light therapies or chemical peels. They may also remove the large cysts through surgery.
- Dermatological treatments can help people in treating skin cancer. As the skin is the largest organ, skin cancer can occur in any part of the skin including the back, neck or feet. People get baffled with symptoms of skin cancer as they do not know that skin cancer is treatable through dermatological treatments.
A dermatologist will remove all the abnormal cancer cells and even perform a biopsy. Dermatological treatments include three types of biopsies. First comes shave biopsy which includes the removal of small parts of the skin’s top layer. Then comes punch biopsy where deeper layers of the skin are cut for diagnosis. Last comes the excision biopsy where the entire layer of the affected skin is removed for biopsy.
- A doctor may perform Mohs surgery to treat skin cancer. This is a procedure where the thin layers of tissue surrounding the tumor are removed. The doctor will examine one’sskin after each layer of removal to check if any cancer cells remain. When the doctor is sure that no more cancer cells remain, the removal of tissues is stopped.
- Dermatologists can work wonders for a person’s skin. Many people don’t know that wrinkles and sagging skin can be reversed through dermatological treatments. The natural beauty of one’s skin can be revitalized through injecting Botox or fillers. The doctor may also use the procedure of dermabrasion to reduce fine lines and age spots. Dermabrasion is an exfoliating procedure.
- Cryotherapy is a dermatological treatment that can treat many skin conditions such as warts. Warts are benign, contagious growth on the top layer of the skin. Many people with warts do not know that they are treatable through dermatological treatments. Cryotherapy includes the treatment of skin lesions using liquid nitrogen to destroy the cells that are affected.
- Dermatological treatments can prevent skin disease from spreading through the excision of lesions. Dermatologists use specialized tools to cut away the lesions from their sources. Excision of skin lesions is also done to prevent the recurrence of skin infections.
- Spider veins can be treated with dermatological treatments. Spider veins are superficial leg veins which are small and dilated surface veins. Dermatologists use Scleropathy to treat spider veins. A special solution or foam is injected into the affected vein to irritate the lining of the veins. Thisis thecause behind shutting of the vein and it becomes less distinct.
Apart from the above conditions, dermatological treatments are used to treat psoriasis, rosacea, shingles or herpes zoster, vitiligo, and hair loss. Many people who suffer from vitiligo for years have no idea that it is treatable through dermatological treatments. Vitiligo is a skin condition when certain portions of the skin lose melanin and become lighter. Dermatologists use PUVA therapy to treat vitiligo.
If you happen to be in Coimbatore, there are many types of rare skin rashes that can be treated in the best skin rash treatment hospital in Coimbatore. People that have the need for the best acne spot treatment can reach out to any acne treatment hospital in Coimbatore. With the huge development in the field of dermatological treatments, you should not be suspicious about skin diseases anymore. But proper and timely diagnosis and treatment are very important.